Monday, September 3, 2012

Works = Faith?




Text: Job 30-32

Rhema Verse: Job 31:35 (“Oh, that I had someone to hear me! I sign now my defense—let the Almighty answer me; let my accuser put his indictment in writing.

Message: Job was already righteous, more than any other mortal sa mundong ibabaw sa good works pa lang wala ng papalag! That is why even God speaks highly of him, "Nakita mo ba si Job?" But we have this one accuser, and the devil wanted to try Job; "do this, do that, maybe if you take this, or that he will stop worshipping you". This accuser was stopped when Jesus came, kasi good works was not enough. for all of us who made Jesus our savior and was covered by the blood of the Holy lamb, we were atoned by the Most High Priest, not a once-a-year atonement but once and for all. Jesus conquered sin and grave. He was raised up, as the victorious Messiah, seated on the right hand of God in heaven. Now the Holy Spirit, our mentor and advocate, my intercessor who always pleads for my case teaches us to please God, not just by works, but by faith that works!

Promise: I am MORE THAN A CONQUEROR because Christ loved me! Rom 8:37
NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME WILL PROSPER and you will refute every tongue that accuses me. Isaiah 54:17

Command: Shut off the devil's mouth by the blood of Jesus and His finished work!!

Warning: not relying on Jesus finished work will be forever working, by works that is not workable.

Application: I am a workaholic person, a perfectionist feeling ko ako lang magaling, i can do things better if they would just let me be, and do my "stuff"! I always compete kahit walang competition. I always like to see myself always at my best kasi akala ko dun ako mamemeasure ng Lord, but all of those times I still have the empty feeling- Now I know that it is the voice of the Holy Spirit telling me that what Im doing is technically not right. At kadalasan naman sa aking pagka-okok sumesemplang ako, kaya I am really really really thankful for knowing the message of the grace through the Holy Spirit. When I learned that it is not by my performance, but by Christ, I understand that I needed to rely everything to God. It does not stop me from doing good but doing better for Him. I learned, I do not need to compete with others; most especially compete with myself, because I know now that I am accepted by Christ. Kaya Siya namatay para sa akin, because I am His beloved, He loved me even when I am a sinner and so imperfect. Ang sarap Mong magmahal Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment