Friday, September 14, 2012

Stand A Solid Rock


Text: Psalm 58-66

Rhema Verse: Psalms 61:2-3
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the foe.

Message: Whenever the Israel sacrifice animals to God they put it on a Rock. When King David was fleeing away from King Saul, he hid himself and his army inside the Rock/caves. When Moses, Elijah and other prophets wanted to speak with God, they went on top of the mountains- also a rock. Jesus said, if we want to have a house built in a very strong foundation, build it on a rock.

King David knew that the Rock in whom he is standing is a solid rock. he had a solid foundation and a knowledge whom God is. He tested God's strength and love for him that is why He is successful and he served God with all of his heart, soul and mind.

Promise: JESUS is the Rock of my salvation. My strong tower and my deliverance!

Command: Remember the Rock in which I stand is -- JESUS!

Warning:

Application: Holy Spirit, I need You Lord. Please always remind me that JESUS is the rock on whom I should always stand, any 'ground' or anyone else is just sinking sand. Lord teach me to not even rely on my own strength but YOurs alone. In times of difficulties You are my strong Tower, in You I am safe and secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment