Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Exchange


Text: Psalms 22-29
Rhema Verse: Psalms 22:16b, 18
"....they pierce my hands and my feet. They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment.

Message: God revealed to King David the prophecy for the King of kings and the Lord of lords- Jesus Christ. The pain and agony, and the humiliation of the son of God. After Jesus received the 39 lashes, blood was oozing out from his torn out body and they clothed him so he can carry the heavy cross on his shoulder. At kung kelan nakadikit na ang damit dahil sa dugo, they took it off and placed him on the cross naked. They divided his clothes and casted lots (pinagpustahan) on his garment because it was seamless and it was very expensive at his time. I have read an article that Jesus was not a beggar on earth, he was rich, he was the son of "the carpenter", a contractor/ builder but he exchanged EVERYTHING for the call.

Promise: 1. God had in mind His plan of salvation even before the time of Adam and Eve.  2. Jesus loved me so much, He made a GREAT exchange for my salvation. 3. Every prophecy has it's definite perfect timing.

Command: Do not forget the price Jesus paid for the great exchange, share it!

Warning:

Application: Lord may I always be mindful of the price you paid for my salvation. Teach me the art of winning God. Teach me to display Your Glory not just by words, but in actions and by my family's life.


No comments:

Post a Comment