Friday, June 15, 2012

TO DRINK OR NOT TO DRINK


DAY 145
TEXT: Leviticus 9-12

Rhema Verse: Leviticus 10:8-10 Then the Lord said to Aaron, “You and your sons are not to drink wine or other fermented drink whenever you go into the tent of meeting, or you will die. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, so that you can distinguish between the holy and the common, between the unclean and the clean,

MESSAGE:
              When I became a  Christian at 8 years old, I always hear a testimony that when they became a Christian they stopped drinking wine. So in my mind all kinds of wine is evil, it was forbidden like the fruit in Eden. Whenever I see someone drinking wine, I despised them and say, “Yucks! Backslider!” But then I read in Exo 29:40 that wine was offered to the Lord as a drink offering but with the prescribed measurement, a quarter of a hin. Paul was telling his apprentice Timothy to drink a little wine for his stomach. 1 Cor 6:12 “Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. I have the right to do anything but I will not be mastered by it – mastered means to be controlled, be overpowered or be a slaved.
              The first noted person in the Bible who became overpowered by wine was Noah (maybe he invented wine). After he became drunk, he stripped-off his clothes and was seen by his son Ham and did not cover him but insulted his father and resulted to a great curse to his generations. And then Aarons sons – the priests Lev 10, because they had TOO Much they did a terrible thing while in the Presence of God and they died instantly. For me, I am like Timothy; I drink wine for my stomach. I drink it when my stomach aches about 60ml, I drink red wine when there's a celebration, we even make herbal wine and prescribed it. I still play games in the computer when I feel like to, but I decide not to be mastered by it by the grace of God. Because I learned that I need to be and God needs me to be a testimony and a worker for His Great Commission.

PROMISE:  We have the power to choose life so we can live bountifully in God.


COMMAND: Do not be mastered (controlled, be slaved to) by anything


WARNING:  Too much of ANYTHING cannot make you distinguish between right and wrong, holy and the common and may cause to great consequences


APPLICATION: Lord Jesus, I pray for my brothers and sisters, Lord Your will be done in our life, break us, control us, satisfy our needs and desires with Your presence. There’s NO greater joy than being with You.












1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! As far as I understand I am no longer under the law but under grace. The command was given during old testament and considered as a law but in the new testament my Master had already fulfilled the law requirements. It is not the foods or drinks that make us unclean but rather the words that coming to our mouth. And lastly obedience to the law was never made us righteous nor holy, righteousness is a grace by God through believing in Him. There's nothing to be afraid of if we're being led by the Spirit.
    Therefore To drink! But not too much :D
    Another revealing wisdom to share to my friends, thank you Ptra!

    ReplyDelete