Sunday, June 17, 2012

Obedience That Leads To Righteousness


Day 147
TITLE: Obedience That Leads To Righteousness
TEXT: Leviticus 15 – 18
RHEMA VERSE: Leviticus 18:3
You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices.

MESSAGE: As Christians, we received grace beyond measure, the Father's love, regeneration and acceptance in the beloved. We are heirs to God's Kingdom and righteousness. Now the question is: How did Christ lived when He came on earth? Even though He is the Son of the Most High God; He came here with all humilty, a perfect example: prayerful, He still reads the Bible, care and heals the sick, listen to and teaches his stubborn disciples, loved and showed compassion to people. The author of grace showed works by the partnership of the Holy Spirit not just by mere words or knowldege, but with actions and works of love. Pwede naman Siyang tumungaga at mag-utos utos na lang, and then suddenly ching! Ligtas na kayo dahil gusto ko!) But Why does He needed to obey? - to show love to His Father and to show love to us. (To love God and to love people) Now, if we really love God, we will obey and have a change of mind, desires and actions. Because when we received Jesus we repented, repentance means to DECIDE to change your old ways and make JESUS the Lord and savior.  Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey —whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? Romans 6:16

For I no longer live but Christ lives in me, for I have been crucified with Christ. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

PROMISE: Now that I am a slave of righteousness the benefit I reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. Rom 6:22

COMMAND: Jesus said, "If you love Me, you will obey my commands" john 14:23, matt 28:20 (Greatest command: to love God, to love people)

WARNING: Do not let sin reign in your mortal body

APPLICATION: There are times I need to pray, Lord please increase my love for You. I want to love you more. Unahin kita, make you my priority. I thank the Lord for my Faith increases in my life now as we go through the g-12 process. I do not have any desire to change myself or whatsoever before, all my heart's desire is to make myself rich for my family. but now I have seen that if I really profess myself as a Christian I need to follow Christ. I've learned how he LOVED me and because of that I want to obey or love Him more. I strongly believe I am not saved through my performance but by just believing, but I want to do this to show my love for Him and so He can tell me I am a good and faithful servant by His grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment