Wednesday, June 13, 2012

THE SWAP


DAY 143
TEXT: Leviticus 1-5

Rhema Verse: Leviticus 4:33 They are to lay their hand on its head and slaughter it for a sin offering at the place where the burnt offering is slaughtered.

MESSAGE:
              The sins were transferred from a person to the lamb on the laying of hands on its head. There was a SWAP; an exchange, from a lamb that was pure, spotless, first born, young with no defects - to a sinful, ugly, shameful being. This offering will be burnt to atone or make someone holy for a whole year. That was the Law of Moses, but when Jesus came there was a SWAP, a righteousness of God freely given to us not just for a whole year, but eternal righteousness for those who BELIEVE and Follow Him.
              Jesus, the son of the Most High God (blameless, pure of love and compassion, eternal, super powerful) became man, came to this earth heal and loved us and then SWAP with US on the cross, (man who is condemned, shameful, sinful, etc.) Jesus was undignified so we can have our dignity. He became sin so we became righteous. Jesus became poor, so we can be rich in love, financial and emotional. Jesus was rejected so we can be accepted by God, eternally. Thank You Jesus!!

PROMISE: If we confess our sins to Jesus- the Lamb of God, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

COMMAND: Confess with your mouth you need Jesus and that He is Lord and Savior.

APPLICATION: When I received the message of grace and let the Holy Spirit work in me and reveal it to me, my life was never the same again. Grace was not a license to sin, but a freedom to love GOD more, knowing and understanding that Jesus loved me first. It is not by my actions or works, not by my performance that I am saved, but because JESUS loved me and died for my sins. It gave me freedom to love Him back and let Him rule over me completely – I began to experience the total reliance that the Holy Spirit longs for.









No comments:

Post a Comment