Saturday, July 14, 2012

Unlock The Stumbling Block

Text: 2 Samuel 1-4
Rhema Verse: 2 Samuel 3:9 "May God deal with Abner, be it ever so severely, if I do not do for David what the Lord promised him on oath"

Message: The Only difference between a stumbling block and steppingstones is the way in which we use them. David is really an awesome guy! As my husband told me yesterday during his devo, David became Gods-after-own heart because he exemplified the grace of Jesus Christ (read more in his devo =). Walang kabalak-balak si Ishboshet (Saul's son) maging hari, everybody loves David, and he is the promised king. But Abner became a stumbling block in David's path. Parang, Ayun na sana e!!! Sayang! Naantala pa!! But david did not see it as a stumbling block BUT steppingstones!!!! Though it is a hurdle, he did not look at what people can do but what God can do in his life!!! He waited patiently for the Lord, for His glorious appointed time! Halleluijah! Praise God for the life of David.

In the end, Abner- the stumbling block, became the stepping stone for David's prophecy, and also to reveal the rebellious heart of the people around David before he became king over all Israel.

Promise: God directs the path of the righteous!!! The righteous live by faith!!

Command: Look at the steppingstones!!!! so dami!!!! =) Unblock the stumbling blocks!!!!

Warning: If we stop because of a hurdle or afraid of the stumbling block the destination will be blocked!!!

Application: Lord this is my prayer: 1. teach me to wait patiently for my glorious appointed time. 2. Let me enjoy the ride, let it be the best time of my life! 3. Even though the enemy and my situation tells me i have a big block ahead, let me see Your hand na pinipitik lang ang mga hurdles of problems. For your plans and ways are perfect Lord. I love you Lord, I trust in You alone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment