Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rebellion Brings Desolation


Text: 2 Samuel 17-19
Rhema Verse: 2 Samuel 17:23 "When Ahithophel saw that his advice had not been followed, he saddled his donkey and set out for his house in his hometown. He put his house in order and then hanged himself. So he died and was buried in his father’s tomb."

Message: Ahithophel is a counselor highly esteemed by King David. But he started to connive with Absalom to gain honor and stole away the kingdom from David. Ahithopel’s counsel is like those of  a prophet - inquired to God (2 Sam 16:23). But as King David was fleeing for his life and his people he prayed to turn Ahitophel’s counsel into foolishness (2Sam 15:31). And the LORD did what David asked. 
It must have been that Ahitophel thought that his wisdom was his own, he forgot that the giver of wisdom is the Holy Spirit, and the reason he has wisdom is for the purpose of aiding the Lord’s anointed- King David. Tsk! Tsk! Sayang! So when the wisdom left him, he was so humiliated and committed suicide, it reminded me of Judas Iscariot in the time of Jesus. It definitely shows me that without Your presence Lord there is no peace, favor, wisdom and discernment.
Promise: The Holy Spirit came on me with power, wisdom, favor, joy, peace, patience because I am the LORD’s anointed! Thank you Jesus!
Command: Be loyal to my God’s appointed leaders
Warning: Rebellion brings desolation.
Application: I thank you God for being in SOL, I learned a lot especially being under Your cover by also following my leaders. Masyado po akong naging mayabang dati, thank you Lord kasi you are changing me day by day. I still have many flaws and I really thank you that you let me see that, so I can change. Lord, protect me always, I do not want to ever feel that it is by my own strength I was able to do anything, but it is because You are with me.. And I know You will be with me FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment