Monday, July 16, 2012

A Way Out


Text: 2 Samuel 10-13 
Rhema Verse: 2 Samuel 11:26-27  "When Uriah’s wife heard that her husband was dead, she mourned for him. After the time of mourning was over, David had her brought to his house, and she became his wife and bore him a son. But the thing David had done displeased the Lord."
Message: King David and Bathsheba committed adultery, a sin that deserves death (Deut 22:22) and he added more to the that, he killed Bathsheba's husband and took her as a wife, made him a murderer. What started as laziness led to peeping -curiosity - temptation and then Baaam!!! Deception that will lead to another sin, just like with Adam, Eve and the serpent.
I know that What David did was despicable and it displeased You. But this is what i believe in, You are a gracious God and You give everyone a chance to be forgiven by being rebuked. God sent Prophet Nathan, (pwede namang magdrop-dead na lang si David and Bathsheba) and when David's eyes was released from the deception, he realized what a terrible sin he has committed and he asked for forgiveness to the God of grace. I really admire his prayer in Psalms 51 after Nathan rebuked him and cursed him. David knew God,  a God of grace who can blot-out every sin he did and start a new. After being forgiven and experienced unmerited favor, he loved God even more.
Promise: God gave everyone a way out! Jesus bore all my sins at the cross in calvary
Command: Come to the gracious, loving, heavenly Father! 
Warning: If people shrugs off or disregard God's rebuke, then the curses will come.
Application: God, even though I still wanted to puzzle-out the pieces from his past, so I could hear the answer I wanted to hear. I am thankful that you made a way out for my husband and me. If not, we wouldn't have met, married and have two wonderful kids. I wanted to forget the former things and focus on the new promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment