Saturday, July 21, 2012

With Humility Comes Wisdom




Text: 2 Samuel 23-1 Kings 1
Rhema Verse: 1 Kings 3:7-9“Now, Lord my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David. But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties.  Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?”
Message: Solomon did everything his father King David had requested of him, within three years he established his kingdom. But after finishing David's to-do-lists he had no idea what come's next. He was not a warrior like his father, not too handsome and famous like his brother Absalom. But what King Solomon had was a realization that he needed wisdom and discernment to govern the whole nation that belonged to You LORD. To take Israel to new heights, to do God's purpose and design, needs a visionary, a man of wisdom and discernment. 
Because of this humility, knowing that He needed YOU, YOU gave him more than what He asked for. And this is also my desire and prayer Lord, to give me discernment and wisdom to be able to fulfill the vision you have entrusted to me. Lord, I need to learn the Art of winning souls, I need to feel the joy that  the Lord Jesus felt ushering. ONLY YOU can do that LORD.
Promise: Ask and I will receive, Seek and I will find, Knock and the door will be opened for me.
Command: Seek the giver and not the gifts.
Warning: without wisdom and discernment people perish.
Application: There were many times In my past I have tried to do things my own way, and I ended up in tears. I thank you Lord for I came into realization that I needed Your wisdom and discernment. Thank you Lord for you are the giver of every perfect and good things in my life. Thank you Holy Spirit for you are my wisdom and my guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment