Monday, October 1, 2012

Where To Sacrifice?


Text: 1 Kings 2-4

Rhema Verse: 1 Kings 3:4. The king went to Gibeon to offer sacrifices, for that was the most important high place, and Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings on that altar.

1 Kings 3:15 Then Solomon awoke —and he realized it had been a dream. He returned to Jerusalem, stood before the ark of the Lord’s covenant and sacrificed burnt offerings and fellowship offerings. Then he gave a feast for all his court.

Message: When Solomon haven't asked for wisdom he had no idea where and what the presence of the Lord is. He went to worship in Gibeon because it was the most famous high place. Gibeon is not even a real part of Israel, the people dwelling on it were foreigners to be wiped-out by Joshua's men, but they formed a rouse para maligtas ang buhay nila. They pretended, disguised and lied to be part of it, in the end, though they were spared yung future nila as wood and stone cutters ang destiny, up to their next descendants. It signifies salvation through the law or by works that could never work by it's own.
          When Solomon gained wisdom from the Lord, he realized that the presence and the anointed place was in Jerusalem, the place where he already dwells; so he made a sacrifice there. The Lord already dwells in our heart. Wisdom is the persona of The Holy Spirit, and the Lord's desire is not for sacrifices of animals or by our works, God delights in the obedience and sacrifice of His Son - Jesus. All I need to do is believe and live for Jesus, that is my sacrifice and pleasure- to do His will and not mine.

Promise: Jesus dwells inside my heart, God is already pleased in me because of Jesus. Jesus gave me the Holy Spirit, so now I have wisdom :) thank you Lord!

Command: Just Believe, just receive!

Warning: Forever earning God's love by works, will make me a Gibeonite. Do NOT forget that GOD already LOVED me even when I was a sinner.

Application: Thank You Lord for Your grace, and thank you Holy Spirit for giving me wisdom to discern and know God's love for me. Now I can pray boldly in Your presence, and know/feel that the presence of the Lord is in me even before I start praying. Now I learned that the LORD is already pleased with me. Thank you Jesus for Your sacrifice, I love You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment