Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Choose Wisely


Text: Exodus 21-22, Psalms 12, Acts 4

Rhema Verse: Acts 4:32. All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so they shared everything they had.

Message: The early disciples were persecuted after healing a lame man in the Beautiful gate. During their trial they raised a question: "Do you think God wants us to obey you (persecutors) or God?" After that they prayed to God for courage. The Holy Spirit shook the place and responded by  giving them boldness, one heart & mind. In any trial or 'situations' I am facing, a challenge is always raised: Whom will I obey? The people/myself or God?

Promise: 1. I see that the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. Acts 2:25b
2. The Holy Spirit has given me power to be a witness in all the world. Acts 1:8
3. The Holy Spirit will give us one mind and one heart to honor HIM.

Command: Pray to God for courage. Obey God rather than men.

Warning: Fearing men rather than God will end up in great consequences.

Application: Father, forgive me for the times I choose to follow others than following Your ways. I remember when I was faced with the problem at customs, I felt that I needed to give-in to what they require or else the paper will not be released, I chose to give-in thinking that it was the Only way. And now anything that comes their way they wanted to get more. Lord, forgive me I forgot that You are the God who can do the impossible. Father, you can get us out of this mess, move through the situation Holy Spirit. I declare that there will be no procastrinations, no hindrances, no sorrow in our businesses in Jesus mighty name, everything will go smoothly. Lord, teach me to always Rely on you, give us one heart and one mind. Do not let us forget the reason why we are doing this- for Your Glory alone. And because this is Yours, and You are the owner of our lives and every business You will never leave us, nor forsake us. Thank you faithful Father, because we can rely on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment