Friday, June 14, 2013

NOT ENOUGH


Text: Gen. 29-30, Luke 11

Rhema Verse: Luke 11:42. “Woe to you Pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without leaving the former undone.

Matthew 23:23. “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Message: we should tithe, yes but do not neglect more important things - justice, mercy and faith.

Promise: Malachi 3:10. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!

Command: Do not neglect it- to Love God, Love people!

Warning: tithing is not enough.

Application: yesterday I was with Pastor Gary & Juliet, but before that I was so grumpy bec I haven't put the Word in the morning, and I heard the bad news about a family member. Soon after, I felt everything was against me- the customs, staff, my husband. I began to ask, "What's happening Lord?" I have neglected mercy and faith. I asked myself, what can I do? What can Nerie do? When I realized I cannot do anything, I started to pray and surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment