Monday, May 21, 2012

TOTAL RELIANCE


DAY 120
TEXT: 2 SAMUEL 4-5

Rhema Verse: 2 Samuel 5:18-19 Now the Philistines had come and spread out in the Valley of Rephaim; so David inquired of the Lord, “Shall I go and attack the Philistines? Will you deliver them into my hands?”

MESSAGE: David was already a mighty warrior, a great man with a kingdom already established by God. But his great strength?! –his TOTAL and COMPLETE reliance on the Lord. He is not to “show-up” to people, he was up to please and obey God alone. And the LORD gave him GREAT SUCCESS.

PROMISE: The LORD gave King David great success and HE is the same Lord who will do it to ME.

COMMAND: Rely and inquire on the LORD.

 WARNING: If I rely on myself or other people but not God, I will receive pain and defeat. There is NO Greater power than God.

APPLICATION: I want David’s success LORD! You promoted him because he was completely broken before you, he realized that not his strength or his power but YOUR SPIRIT alone will grant him everything he desires. Teach me Lord, in Jesus name.



No comments:

Post a Comment