Saturday, May 26, 2012

Testing Produces Faith


DAY 125
TEXT: Gen 26-28

Rhemaverse: Gen 26:22 He moved on from there and dug another well, and no-one quarrelled over it. He named it Rehoboam, saying, "Now the Lord has given us room and we will flourish in the land."

Message: Isaac received direction from the Lord to where he should encamp and that he would be blessed as He promised his father Abraham. But as he was living in where the Lord wanted him to live, disputes and problems came two times. But instead of doubting God's promise to him, he pressed on, and on the third time he get what he expected - God's blessings. Faith will be tested a lot of times, many times problems will be a precursor to God's ultimate reward if I just hold on and not let go of His promise.

Promise: If I hear God's directions and believe in His promises, our life will never be the same again.

Command: Hold on to God's promises. be steadfast

Warning: Don't complain in times of testing, LEARN!

Application: Many times I tend to be stressed-out on problems, but in the end I will realize that if those things did not happen, I wouldn't be able to receive the blessings I am receiving now. Lord, I need more of Your discernment, to see Your hand always working in my every situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment