Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Work- God Rests. Pray- God Works

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Every single day, we face situations and 'challenges' that triggers our emotions. These situations causes our brain to think ahead of something that 'have not' or 'may not' happen; but 'may' or 'may not' result badly - that my friend is called worry. We worry if we're gonna be late for a meeting, we worry if our co-workers likes us, we worry if our child can go to school next year, we worry if we will have food on our table for the rest of our days. 

And this 'thinking ahead' brings a very close friend named anxiety and her buddy: stress. Stress makes our mood -sour, and may drastically affect a person we love, even if we dont intend it to. 

PROMISE: Cast our cares on Jesus, because HE cared so much that He gave HIS own life to give us a full life. (Matt 6:25-34) 

PRAY. And great things happen, TRUST will give us peace beyond our understanding!!! When we Work, God rests. when we pray, God works. ;)

COMMAND: Do NOT worry, just PRAY and THANK God.

WARNING: Worrying does not add a single day in our life

I am a perfect example for this. My personality being a melancholy-choleric makes me want to interfere with about anything, because I felt they 'need' my help they're just too afraid to ask, and I can do that better because I am a perfectionist (the melancholy speaking). The choleric side will be bossy, and push my decisions to theirs. And it caused confusions, frustrations, 'i told you so's', stress; because I will be thinking of their worries, and because I worry that their worries will happen, yet i have my own worries, and BOOM!!! I donre even want to name what happens next  ;)

So this year, LORD help us to enjoy life -to see the beautiful people you have put, to make it the best possible life there is. Help us to even appreciate the people that may cause us to frown, for YOU have put them so we can learn from them and be wiser. Teach us to number our days right, and live to the fullest by teaching us not to worry but instead pray, and put everything into YOUR hand. For you even cared about the birds in the air and their chicks, the wildflowers in the fields that will die the next day; how much more your people whom YOU gave up Your life on? 


No comments:

Post a Comment